Vegan coconut lentil soup. Red Lentil Soup in all varieties is quite wonderful. I do prefer to use chopped, steamed Escarole rather than spinach. This lentil soup is perfect for a cold rainy day.
Try this high protein vegan lentil soup made with coconut milk which is completely plant based. Delicious vegan soup to warm your belly - Vegan Coconut Lentil Soup with Spinach. This lentil soup is supposed to be a bit spicy/hot. You act boiling reduce Vegan coconut lentil soup using 13 process together with 7 steps. Here is how you arrive.
method of Vegan coconut lentil soup
- It's 1 of medium onion.
- You need 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 (3 inch) of piece ginger.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of curry powder.
- It's 2 tbsp of red curry powder.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 (13.5 ounce) of can unsweetened coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of red lentils.
- It's 1/2 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut.
- You need 1/2 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut.
- You need 1 (15 ounce) of can crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 scoop of non-dairy Yogurt (for serving; optional).
- Prepare 1-2 tbsp of sea salt (optional to taste).
The spices and amounts of the spices listed int he recipe will give you a mild spiciness - not everybody can handle that much. I hope you like this vegan red lentil soup as much as we do around here! When the the vegetables and the lentils are tender, either transfer the soup into a blender or use an immersion blender. Golden Coconut Lentil Soup is a light and fresh vegan soup with vibrant turmeric and a handful of fun toppings.
Vegan coconut lentil soup individually
- Chop onion, mince garlic, and peel and chop ginger..
- Add 2 tbsp of olive oil to large sauce pan on med heat. Add chopped onions and cook til translucent (about 6-8 min)..
- Add garlic and ginger, stirring often (about 4-5 min)..
- Add both curry powders and stir until begins to stick to bottom (about 1 min)..
- Add coconut milk, shredded coconut, red lentils, 1 tbsp salt and 5 cups of water. Break up spices by stirring often. Bring water to boil water and then reduce heat to simmer and cook til soup starts to thicken (about 20-25 min)..
- While soup is simmering, squeeze thawed spinach to release excess water. Chop spinach finely on cutting board..
- Towards end of simmering (about 5 min left), add crushed tomatoes and chopped spinach. Season to taste w/ sea salt and serve with 1 scoop of non-dairy yogurt..
This one-pot red lentil soup gets rich and creamy flavors from coconut milk and it is packed with spices. A friend turned me onto this Ayurvedic dal recipe from the Esalen Cookbook years ago. This Easy Lentil Vegetable Soup is warming, comforting and so filling. Mash some of the lentils with a spatula, blend some for a thicker soup, or add some coconut milk in the end for creamier. Add less coconut milk and more broth if you prefer a lighter soup.