Mum’s Lemon Drizzle Cake.
You create roasting fry Mum’s Lemon Drizzle Cake employing 7 process furthermore 13 also. Here you go score.
procedure of Mum’s Lemon Drizzle Cake
- It's 100 g of Butter.
- It's 150 g of Caster Sugar.
- You need 1 of Lemon.
- It's 2 of Eggs.
- It's 150 g of Self Raising Flour.
- You need 2.5 of tea spoons Milk.
- You need 85 g of Icing Sugar.
Mum’s Lemon Drizzle Cake instructions
- Turn the oven on to warm to 180-200 degrees Celsius..
- Mix the butter and caster sugar in a bowl..
- Grate the skin of the lemon to create a zest..
- Beat the zest of the lemon into the eggs..
- Add this in to the butter and caster sugar mix. (It will look like a sloppy mess!) Ideally use an electric whisk to get some air into the mixture which will help the cake to raise in the oven..
- Gradually add the flour and milk to the mixture (I tend to add the flour 50g at a time and then fold with a wooden spoon in between).
- Thoroughly grease a tin, a loaf tin is a good size for this mixture..
- Pour the mixture in to the greased tin and put in the middle of the oven for 35-40 minutes..
- With about 10 minutes of baking time left, cut the lemon in half and squeeze to get all of the juice..
- Add the icing sugar to a jug before adding the lemon juice and mixing with a fork..
- When the baking time is up, remove the cake from the oven and keep in the tin. Use a knife to prick all over the top of the cake..
- Pour the lemon juice and icing sugar mix over the top of the cake. (This may need a stir again before pouring as it will set quite quickly).
- Leave for at least 15/20 minutes to allow the icing sugar to set before serving the cake. (The cake can be served with clotted cream for an extra treat!).