Meatloaf with veg and tangy glaze. Glaze: While meatloaf is cooking place ingredients for glaze in a sauce pan and cook on stove top until the brown sugar is dissolved. This triple-meat meatloaf recipe is made with beef, pork, and veal, flavored with buttermilk or tomato juice and topped with a tangy ketchup glaze. Remove the meatloaf from the oven and brush the top generously with the ketchup glaze.
Combine glaze ingredients and spoon over meatloaf. Remove the meatloaf from the oven and brush the top and sides all over with the glaze. Tangy Glazed Meatloaf recipe: Try this Tangy Glazed Meatloaf recipe, or contribute your own. You work sizzling doctor Meatloaf with veg and tangy glaze practicing 17 ingredients so 7 including. Here is how you make it.
receipt of Meatloaf with veg and tangy glaze
- It's 1 of medium onion, minced.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 of carrot, peeled and finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of zucchini, cored and finely chopped.
- It's 2 of celery sticks, finely chopped.
- You need 1 of pinky-sized nub ginger, peeled and freshly grated.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Maggi seasoning.
- You need 1/4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 5 slices of plain white bread.
- It's 3/4 lb of lean ground beef.
- Prepare 3/4 lb of lean ground pork.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of ketchup.
- It's 2 tbsp of sweet chili sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- It's 4 tbsp of brown sugar.
Mix well and pat into a small meatloaf pan. Combine glaze ingredients and spoon over meatloaf. Chana Masala, Chole, Or Tangy Chickpea? Oh, and in case you are wondering why this recipe is called Chana Masala?
Meatloaf with veg and tangy glaze instructions
- Put a good splash of olive oil into a large pan on medium-high heat. Add the onions and garlic and let cook for 1 minute until softened..
- Add the veg to the pan along with the ginger, Maggi, a pinch of salt and a few grinds of black pepper. Let cook until the veg starts to caramelize (about 5 minutes). Take the pan off the heat and let cool to room temperature. While waiting, preheat your oven to 375 F..
- In a bowl, add the milk to 3 slices of bread. Use your hands to work them, tearing the slices apart as you go. You should end up with barely moist bits of bread..
- Add the bread to a large mixing bowl along with the cooled veg, both meats, egg and soy sauce. Add a couple of grinds of black pepper, then knead everything together. Be careful not to overmix, or you'll end up with tough meat. You just want to combine the ingredients..
- Lay the remaining 2 slices of bread at the bottom of a 6 x 8 loaf pan (they'll serve as sponges to soak up excess oil). Pour the meat mixture into the pan and gently spread it out until it's even. Push the meat into the pan slightly but fight the urge to really pack it down..
- Add the ketchup, chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar to a small pot on medium-low heat. Warm through while whisking until the sugar just melts. Use half of the sauce to glaze the top of the meat, then put the loaf in the oven. Let bake for 30 minutes..
- Spread the remaining sauce on top of the loaf. Turn the heat up to 400 F and let bake for 15 minutes or until the internal temperature of the loaf reaches 155 F. Let the meatloaf rest for 10 minutes before serving. Don't forget to remove the 2 pieces of bread from the bottom..
Chana is the Hindi word for a ubiquitous Indian variety of I hope you try my versatile Chana Masala recipe, and that you enjoy it as much as our Buttered Veg friends and family do. Maple Gastrique combines maple syrup with spicy ginger and the tang of apple cider vinegar, and it just happens to be the ideal base for a sophisticated and addictive "meatloaf" glaze. This vegan loaf features sweet potato, kale, and black beans. This vegan meatloaf also tastes delicious as a sandwich smeared with the maple glaze. Any way you look at it, you won't miss the meat because this vegan meatloaf has all the flavors you need.