Mexican lasagna. I collect cookbooks and recipes (this one is from my son's mother-in-law). My husband teases me that I won't live long enough to try half of the recipes in my files! Mexican lasagna makes great leftovers, too!
Even my picky five-year-old will eat it. Build lasagna in layers of meat and beans. If You're A Fan Of Mexican Food, You'll LOVE This Mexican Lasagna Recipe! You close baking reduce Mexican lasagna working 11 technique along with 5 than. Here is how you pull off.
instructions of Mexican lasagna
- Prepare 3 lbs of ground beef.
- Prepare of med onion.
- You need of large Bell pepper.
- You need 2 can of ranch style beans.
- Prepare 1/2 can of red enchilada sauce.
- Prepare 2 pkg of taco seasoning or your own mix.
- Prepare 1 of lot of cheese (I didn't measure when I made it).
- You need 1 pkg of tortillas med size.
- You need of sliced back olives.
- Prepare 1 of tomato.
- It's of sour cream.
Flour Tortillas Layered With Tons Of Cheese, Shredded Chicken, Green Chile Enchilada Sauce, Black Beans, Corn. This Vegetarian Mexican Lasagna is like an Enchilada layered up like lasagna, using tortillas instead of lasagna sheets. This mexican lasagna is different and unique and absolutely delicious. I make a version of Mexican lasagna similar to this one, but with the addition of zucchini, black beans, and corn, as well.
Mexican lasagna separately
- Cut up onion and 3/4 of a bell pepper. Cook onion and pepper when you brown the hamburger meat..
- Drain meat. Then put back in your pan. Add taco seasoning and beans if needed add a little enchilada sauce to add moisture to the mixture..
- In casserole dish put half the mixture in the bottom of the pan. Add a nice layer of cheese then cover with tortillas. Repeat once..
- Once completed add a thin layer of enchilada sauce to the tortillas. Layer top with cheese then back olives. Bake at 350 until cheese is melted about 20-30 minutes..
- Optional: when severing add a scoop of sour cream and sprinkle chopped tomatoes and Bell pepper.
It's based on a recipe for No-Roll Enchiladas that has become very popular over at Fatfree Vegan Recipes, but I've renamed it Mexican Lasagna because that's what my daughter calls it. Mexican lasagna is prepared in exactly the same way that traditional lasagna is prepared, only using ingredients that lend a more bright and spiced, south-of-the-border. My all-time favorite food is Mexican. I could eat it every single night. This easy Mexican lasagna is one of our go-to weeknight meals and is a big family favorite.